Paralympic National Rail travel bulletin: Thursday 6 September06/09/2012
On the eighth day of the Paralympics, train companies are today providing 4,112, 523 seats by running extra and longer trains.
Research shows that up to 70% of spectators are choosing to travel by rail for all or part of their journey to events, a larger share than Tube or roads.
The Transport Co-Ordination Centre, set up specifically for the 2012 Games, keeps transport operators informed of each other’s plans and how people are using the public transport system to help operators provide passengers with the most up-to-date travel information.
Passengers should visit the Get Ahead of the Games website, plan their journeys and allow plenty of extra time to get to their final destination. Train companies operate a Passenger Assist service for disabled passengers who may need help, such as help getting on or off a train. It is important to book in advance to make sure they can travel on their chosen train. For more information on passenger assistance, go to the new Rail Travel Made Easy website.
To get the latest real-time rail travel information, passengers should use the National Rail Enquiries (NRE) service, paid for and run by train companies, which they can access on the move.
• Download the free NRE apps for iPhone and Android smartphones, giving instant access to real time running information, journey planning and information on any disruption.
• Visit the nationalrail.co.uk website to access live train departures boards and journey planners and to search for local operators’ trains.
• Follow NRE on Twitter or their train company here.
• ‘Like’ NRE’s dedicated Facebook page
• Call NRE’s automated TrainTracker service on 0871 200 49 50
National Rail supports Britainís gold rush: Sunday 9 September
Paralympic National Rail Travel Bulletin: Saturday 8 September
Paralympic National Rail travel bulletin: Wednesday 5 September
Paralympic National Rail travel bulletin: Tuesday 4 September
Paralympic National Rail travel bulletin: Friday 31 August