RAIL STAFF TRAVEL:
CONDITIONS OF ISSUE AND USE, AND
This page provides:
- a link to the Conditions of Issue and Use to which you are subscribing by submitting a form and by using the facilities, and
- forms that you may need to:
- apply for various travel facilities, or
- notify RSTL of a change of circumstances.
Please ensure that you always use the latest forms from this page and not any earlier versions (or other company's versions) which will not be accepted. If the form does not exactly fit your circumstance, e.g. for widow(er)s, please fill in the form as much as you can and submit. If you require further assistance though, please contact us directly.
RSTL's Online Web-forms
These web-forms are completed online and submitted to RSTL in one go, saving you time and money.
There is no longer any need for you to print or save the forms, or to scan or email.
Just complete the forms on your screen and press Submit.
How to complete:
- Click on the form you need. The form is displayed in your browser.
- Complete the fields on the form – the forms have mandatory fields and some require specific formats.
- Press the Submit button.
- A confirmation screen will be displayed after correctly submitting your form.
You will immediately receive a green confirmation screen. Please do not send any additional email, e.g. asking for ocnfirmation as this will only delay the processing of your form.
|Add Spouse or Partner
|Add Child Dependant
|Change of Address
|Child Aged 16+ - DECLARATION
|INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL FORMS||FORM NUMBER|
|For any International Travel, the First Name and Last Names on the International Travel Document MUST match the Names on your Passports (applies to you and all elgible family members).
If they do not match, you may refused travel when abroad.So, if:
In these circumstances, complete the form, attach it to an email and send it to RSTL at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the Passport Names to be used for all family members.
|Application for International Reduced Rate Card (FIP Card) - NEW FORM
|Additional Important Notes for International Free Coupons.
Please look after your Coupons and keep them secure. Coupons cannot be replaced if they are lost or damaged once issued.Online applications:
|Application for International Coupons - EMPLOYEE ONLY APPLICATIONS - NEW FORM
|Application for International Coupons - EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY APPLICATIONS - NEW FORM
|Application for Non-FIP International Travel - Safeguarded Employees only - NEW FORM
A minimum of 6 weeks notice is required for most non-FIP applications (some requests will require a longer notice period, e.g. 10 weeks) as some documents are issued by external organisations.
Alternatively, you can print the forms from your browser, complete and send by post or email to RSTL.
Please note that only the forms above can currently be submitted online. All other forms are still in the standard format and are listed below.
RSTL Standard Forms
The forms listed below can either be emailed or posted to RSTL.
How to complete
- Click on the form you need
- Save it to your desktop
- Open the form in Word
- Complete the fields as required
- Save the form as a Word document (as your own Lastname_Form number_your NI number)
- Active Staff only - If you submit the form by email, you don’t need to sign it. Type your name in the signature box and provided the email comes from a work mailbox that matches the employee named on the form, it will be accepted
- Put the FORM NUMBER of your application in the subject line of the email - this helps to ensure it is correctly identified when it reaches us.
Where to send
- Retired staff - send forms directly to RSTL
- Active TOC staff - send forms directly to RSTL
- Active Non-TOC Staff - Forms MUST be sent to your usual travel facilities contact point – in most cases, this will be via your employer.
- Network Rail staff MUST go via the Safeguarded Helpdesk - contact details are here
- BTP staff MUST go via the HR Business Centre - contact details are here
When to send
Please allow sufficient time to process your application before you need your cards or passes, especially if your employer needs to authorise a form and you then need to take the form to a ticket office.
How to submit
- RSTL is committed to reducing its paper usage, so prefers to receive forms by email whenever possible (including from employers).
- Please use our central email address – email@example.com so that you receive an automatic receipt.
- We realise not everyone can do this, so posted forms are also accepted.
What else to send
- Photos (for Status Passes and Chiltern, ScotRail, c2c, Freight, etc. Passes)
- Digital photos should be uploaded directly to RSTL - Photo Upload here
- Digital photos can also be accepted as JPEGs by email.
- You must follow the instructions on the photo upload page regarding photo requirements and quality.
- Certificates, cheques, SAEs (full details on the forms in question)
- If you wish to pay for any item by credit or debit card, you should submit the form and then contact us in office hours to arrange payment. Your card details will only be used for the transaction in question and will not be stored by RSTL. This is for your protection.
- A FULL birth certificate is requested because the short versions do not provide sufficient information. Parents' details are needed in order to establish entitlement.
- Certificates can be scanned and sent by email along with the forms to which they refer.
- Please do not send originals - we cannot guarantee to return them and cannot be held liable for any loss.
The following forms are available:
|Residential facilities (RSTL will issue the correct cards and passes)
|Older child with no income or benefits||1613|
|Retired but annual proof of eligibility required||1607|
|Replacements – for Lost or Stolen Cards and Passes||1610|
|Data check for Retiring Staff||1612|
|Free tickets - Safeguarded Staff only
|Notification of a death||1616|
|OTHER COMPANIES FORMS:|
|TfL Gate Permit
|TfL Privilege Oyster
As an Employee, you cannot personally apply for travel facilities for the first time. The initial notification comes to RSTL from your employer. Thereafter, you can apply for any of the above services using the forms indicated.
All current application forms are now prefixed with the calendar year indicating they are current versions. Only this year's Forms can be accepted.
|How to contact us
Tel: 0800 652 1700
Postal address: Rail Staff Travel, PO Box 72071, London EC1P 1JD