RAIL STAFF TRAVEL: NATIONAL TRAVEL FACILITIES:
CONDITIONS OF ISSUE AND USE, AND APPLICATION FORMS
You will find here all the forms you may need to apply for various different travel facilities, together with the
to which you are subscribing by submitting a form and by using the facilities. Most forms can be used by any category of staff – exceptions are noted alongside each one.
Please ensure that you always use the forms as published here and not any earlier versions that you may have on file - they are out of date and won’t be accepted.
Please also note that you must use RSTL's own forms when applying for RSTL facilities. Other versions created by employers are not official ones and will not be accepted.
How to complete
1. Click on the form you need
2. Save it to your desktop
3. Open it in Word
4. Complete as appropriate
5. Save it (as your own Lastname_Form number_your NI number)
6. (All Retired, plus active TOC staff only) If you are submitting by email, you don’t need to sign a form: simply type your name in the signature box. Provided the email then comes from a work mailbox that matches the employee named on the form, it will be accepted
7. Put the FORM NUMBER of your application in the subject line of the email - this helps to ensure it is correctly identified when it reaches us.
Where to send
• Forms MUST be sent to your usual travel facilities contact point – in most cases, this will be via your employer.
- Network Rail staff MUST go via the Safeguarded Helpdesk - see contact details at left.
• Retired staff should send forms directly to RSTL - contact details at the foot of this page.
• TOC staff may usually send forms directly to RSTL.
When to send
• Please allow sufficient time to process your application before you need your cards or passes, especially if your employer needs to authorise a form and you need to then take the form to a ticket office.
How to submit
• RSTL is committed to reducing its paper usage, so prefers to receive forms by email whenever possible (including from employers).
• Please use our central email address – email@example.com so that you get an automatic receipt.
• However we realise not everyone can do this, so faxed or posted forms are also accepted.
• If posting, please print your employer’s name on the outside of the envelope.
What else to send
Photos (for Status Passes)
• Digital photos can be accepted as .jpgs by email accompanying a form.
• Digital photos can also be uploaded directly to RSTL on this site - see the link at left.
• Do not send a scan of a printed photo – the quality will not be acceptable.
• Photos must be Passport-Office-approved, ie head & shoulders, neutral expression, 35mmx45mm portrait, against a plain, flat, neutral, contrasting background.
Certificates, cheques, SAEs (full details on the forms in question)
• If you wish to pay for any item by credit card, you need to give us a daytime phone number for reference. You should then contact us in office hours to arrange payment. Your card details which will be used only for the transaction in question but will not be stored by RSTL. This is for your protection.
• Where a FULL birth certificate is requested, this is because a "short" one does not provide sufficient information. Parents' details are usually needed in order to establish entitlement.
• Certificates can be scanned and sent by email along with the forms to which they refer.
The following forms are now available:
|Residential facilities (RSTL will issue the rights cards and passes)||
||1501 (Please apply at least 15 days in advance - authorised forms will be returned approx 7-10 days in advance)|
|Leisure facilities for family members||1502|
|New child||If no full birth certificate is available||1504|
|Child aged 16+||1505|
|Retired but annual proof needed||1507|
|Duty Travel||MUST be authorised by your employer||1508|
|Leisure Travel (free)||
|Data check for retiring staff||1512|
|Free tickets||SG only, and only in exceptional circumstances||1514|
|Change of address||1515|
|Notification of a death||1516|
|OTHER COMPANIES' FORMS|
|TfL Gate Permit||Issued on request only - please contact RSTL||1517|
|TfL Privilege Oyster||SG Active or Retired only||1519|
|Attica Ferriesfirstname.lastname@example.org (Bari)||90030|
|Attica Ferriesemail@example.com (Ancona)||90031|
Note: as an employee, you cannot personally apply for travel facilities for the first time. The initial notification must come to RSTL from your employer. Thereafter you can apply for any of the above services using the forms indicated.
All current application forms are now prefixed 15xx indicating they are this calendar year's versions. To accommodate work in hand, we will continue to accept 14xx prefix forms up to 31 January 2015 only. From 1 February 2015, only 15xx Forms will be accepted.
PHOTO IDENTITY CARDS
These are needed by all ACTIVE staff, their spouses/partners, and all children aged 16 or over. They are not required by holders of any rail staff travel cards and passes that show a status of RETIRED. To get a photo ID card, just take one passport-office-approved photo to a National Rail booking office and ask for a public ID card.
However employees (and their families) of the following TOCs should obtain them from their own HR admin points, as indicated:
- First Great Western (Swindon office)
- Southern (Croydon office)
- Chiltern (London office)
- First ScotRail (Glasgow office)
- East Midlands Trains (Derby office)
How to contact us
0800 652 1700
Postal address: Rail Staff Travel, PO Box 72071, London EC1P 1JD