Third Party Agent Retailing
The Distribution team leads the operational aspects of industry-wide third party retailing within the UK and overseas through internet retailers, Travel Management Companies (TMCs) and travel agents. It is also responsible for the management of the Rail Travel Warrant account product.
The Distribution team acts as secretariat for the Third Party Agents Scheme Management Group which is made up of representatives of all the TOC owning groups.
The principle responsibilities of the Distribution team are:
- The opening and closing of all third party rail retailer accounts including the licensing of all outlets ensuring the risk of financial default is mitigated.
- Liaison with travel industry trade associations such as the Guild of Travel Management Companies (GTMC) and the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) on rail industry affairs.
- Account management of key travel industry suppliers particularly in the internet retailer and TMC rail distribution markets both in the UK and overseas.
- Communication of industry news and product development plus online training of internet retailers and TMC retail staff.
- Management of the Rail Warrant Account product in use through 2,500 corporate locations throughout the UK.
- Account management of the Ministry of Defence and product management of the H M Forces Railcard.
The collective value of rail business passing through third party retailers and through the warrant account product is £1bn per annum.