The London team supports the TOCs in providing integrated products and services in London and South East England. In particular, the London team manages the commercial agreements between the TOCs and TfL which underpin Travelcard and Oyster pay as you go.
- Support the TOCs and TfL working together to create a policy framework for rail issues in London
- Facilitate the TOCs and TfL agreeing Travelcard prices
- Facilitate the TOCs agreeing zonal cash and Oyster pay as you go fares for rail journeys within London
- Administer Travelcard and pay as you go revenue allocation and settlement
- Manage the arrangements with London Councils which enable elderly and disabled Freedom Pass holders to use the trains
- Manage the arrangements with the Metropolitan and City of London police forces which allow police officers train travel within the South East based on a discounted contractual provision payment
- Work with the ATOC Marketing team to support TOCs’ combined marketing activity in the South East
- Help the TOCs to develop Smartcard solutions that work with Oyster in London
Information on Travelcards is available on www.nationalrail.co.uk.
Information on Oyster is available at www.tfl.gov.uk.