Who we are
Find out more about the people who are part of ATOC:
- ATOC Council and Board - made up of representatives from the full members of ATOC
- ATOC Management Team - comprising our CEO and directors
- Train companies - our member organisations
Our mission is to champion the interests of passenger rail operators in serving customers and supporting a safe, reliable, attractive and prosperous railway. Read our current Business Plan for details of our planned activity to support this mission.
ATOC has set up a range of schemes where train companies work together to find shared business solutions for passengers’ benefit and generate efficiencies to provide value for money for both commuters and taxpayers. Find out more about the ATOC Schemes.
Customer Experience, comprising:
- Commercial - responsible for: promotional campaigns and railcards; relationships with TfL and through ticketing in London; third party retailing e.g. licensing to Trainline and Red Spotted Hanky; fares initiatives and National Rail Conditions of Carriage; disability and inclusion; and integrated transport. More about our commercial activities.
- National Rail Enquiries (NRE) - handles an average of two and a half million journey planning enquiries every weekday through its contact centre, mobile, apps, website and through information services supplied to 3rd parties. NRE offers journey planning, ticket sales, real time information, fares information and a range of rail-related information to rail customers. More about NRE.
Rail Settlement Plan (RSP)
Is a company jointly owned by UK franchised passenger train operators. Responsible for procuring and delivering central retailing support services. The services delivered by RSP enable train operators to offer through and inter-available tickets and sell tickets on each other’s behalf. More about RSP.
Operations, Engineering and Major Projects
Are voluntary schemes of ATOC that look at: Operations Management; Supply Chain Management (Collaboration/Partnering); Safety; Human Resources; Asset Reliability; performance; and the implementation of ERTMS and GSMR technology. More about operations, engineering and major projects.
Rail Staff Travel Limited (RSTL)
Looks after rail staff travel on a national basis, enabling most staff in the rail industry to benefit from some level of concessionary travel. RSTL provide a service to both employer and employees, active and retired, issuing cards and passes and dealing with queries. More about RSTL.
Check out the latest job vacancies at ATOC and RDG, plus vacancies at the train companies across the country.
You may also be interested in the ATOC Railway Engineering Graduate Scheme.